Here is an interesting article about the Tea Party in Nashville.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-02-05/top-5-misconceptions-about-the-tea-party-movement/
This is a place for people in the Wright family, or friends of those in the Wright family, to discuss and share their thoughts on anything!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm at school so the site is in Korean aside from the posts and I can't figure out how to start a new post so I'm posting an interesting link that should foster some good discussion here. Dad, I know you will be travelling soon so you won't have a lot of time to post...but this link is dedicated to you.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/04/AR2010020403698.html?wpisrc=nl_pmheadline
That is an interesting article. Apparently the Washington Post readers agreed because a survey that was on the same page felt that Liberals are more condescending (61%) compared to Conservatives (26%). I wonder Darren, politics did not come up very much in my classes at MTSU. Did any of your professors buy in to any of those ideas about Conservatives?
ReplyDeleteI would say that the bulk of my professors were Liberals, but the ones I was closest to made a concerted effort to appreciate and respect Conservatives. That being said, I ran into plenty of the same condescending attitude towards Conservatives from other students and found myself asking them how they were acting any different than the charges they would level...Also, I ran into my fair share of Conservatives with a similar attitude, not usually as condescending, but typically a I'm right and everyone else is wrong/morally depraved if they think differently kind of attitude...basically Liberals thinking Conservatives are stupid and Conservatives thinking Liberals are crazy or immoral people.
ReplyDelete